Tuesday 14 April 2015

The Franklys Interview


Hey everyone! I hope everyone had a good weekend! Today I am posting an interview that I had the pleasure of conducting with the girls of The Frankyls. If you love rock n roll then I would suggest to stay and read on:

How did you guys meet one another?

I met Jen & Fanny on a drunken night out! Wowe, I was wasted....glad I remembered the next day, haha!

How was the band name created? 

Frankly, no idea! I'd say it came from our snazzy fiesty personalities.

How would you describe the music that your band creates? 

Dark, euphoric, and a right old slap across the face!

What are some of the themes and messages that come across in your songs? 
 
Jen usually writes her lyrics from her own personal experiences. To be honest, they mainly come out when she's the most pissed off! 
The music is a mutual creation between the four of us. We have something we call a 'red thread', which means that every song contains something typically Franklys. We want people to be able to recognise us and our sound but without making every song sounding the same.

What are your plans for 2015? 

Tour, tour & more touring! And I smell an album... Soon!

Where can people find you on social media? 

On the usual suspects!


Thank you to the girls and Matt Reynolds for showing interest of being interviewed on this blog and contacting me. If any other bands are interested in having an online interview please email me at rachelcolley@msn.com and I'll send you the questions ASAP. Thank you once again to the girls and I'll see you all soon! Rachel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment